What is Brain.fm ?
Brain.FM is a focus music app that offers personalized music to help you focus, relax, or sleep. It uses its own patented technology to generate this music and it works very well!
- Unlimited Sessions
- Access All Categories
- Offline Access
Top Brain.fm Features
BrainFM can be accessed via their web app and mobile apps on iOS and Android. While the mobile app experience is slightly more featured than the web app experience, all apps help you concentrate better.
Here are FIVE of my favorite features of Brain FM
1. Customize Music To Your Liking
- There is a huge library of focus, relax and sleep music that can be customised to your preferences. For example, if you want to listen to lo-fi focus music with the sound of the forest, you can choose that. If you want to listen to grooves music with the sound of waves AND forest, you can even do that.
- I personally love their lo-fi, grooves, post rock and forest sounds. You can also choose between different categories of tracks such as classical or ambient. You can even save the tracks that worked really well for you so you can listen to them on-demand in the future.
2. Built-In Pomodoro Timer
- Another thing I love about Brain.fm is their built-in Pomodoro app!
- The Pomodoro timer is a widely known time management technique that can be used to break down work into manageable chunks. The timer is typically set for 25 minutes, and the user works for that amount of time before taking a 5-minute break. This process is repeated 4 times, after which the user takes a longer break.
- Brain.fm‘s pomodoro timer helps me stay focused on my work for longer periods of time without getting distracted by anything else (which is important for me). If you ever need help getting into work mode then I recommend using this feature!
- To make the timer more motivating, you can choose to show motivational quotes on the timer itself in BrainFM.
3. Offline Access To Tracks
- I love the fact that you don’t always need to the internet to access Brain FM. You can download your favorite BrainFM tracks on your phone and listen to it at your own leisure. It’s especially handy when you’re in a flight and you don’t have internet access.
4. Available Across Devices
- I love the fact that you can use BrainFM across platforms. There are great Android and iOS apps to use BrainFM on the go. But if you’re working from your laptop or PC, you can just open their browser based app and start focusing immediately.
- Your data is stored cross-platform so your favorite BrainFM tracks are available everywhere you go.
5. Wide Library Of Music
BrainFM has a huge library of music. You’ll never get bored with repetitive music. Here’s why:
- Firstly, all tracks are categorized under genres. Some of the genres of music that they cover: acoustic, atmospheric, cinematic, classical, drone, electronic, grooves, lofi, piano and post-rock.
- Each of these genres have their own library of tracks.
- Then, these tracks can be combined with built-in nature sounds like beach, chimes and bowls, forest, nightsounds, rain, rainforest, river, thunder, underwater and wind.
- The music can then be customised by neural effect (low, medium or high) and activity (deep work, learning, creativity).
BrainFM’s pros and cons.
- Huge library of customizable focus, relax, and sleep music
- Built-in Pomodoro timer to break down work into manageable chunks
- Offline access to favorite tracks
- Available across devices with cross-platform data storage
- Wide variety of music genres and nature sounds to choose from
- Requires a subscription with monthly or annual payments
- Quotes on the app cannot be customized or added by the user
- Web app does not have offline access to tracks