What is Canva ?
Canva is a freemium tool that anyone can use to make designs in a much faster, smarter, and easy way.
Canva is an incredibly user-friendly design tool that has made it possible for marketers, businesses, bloggers, and other individual professionals to design eye-catching images without a graphic design experience, be it for a blog, a business-related website, social media platform, etc.
With it , you get an easy-to-use interface of the drag and drop feature. Using this, anyone can work and create a design as per their requirements. In the tool, it provides the users with good-quality photographs, illustrations, fonts, and layouts.
Editor uses drag and drop feature.
It is a one-stop tool that finds great usage in helping designers create magnificent designs for their websites, social media posts, or even blogs. The tool has an easy-to-access platform that comes loaded with various tools to make designing easier for you. Some of the in-built tools that you get with it are:
- Editing tools
- Thousands of Templates
- Image cropping tools
In addition to it, many other tools come in handy when the users wish to get their work done in no time. Let’s take a look at some of features:
you can bring your brand vision to life by adding colors, fonts, and your way to it. So, it helps you add or build your brand kit and thereby create a consistent look throughout all your designs with ease. Irrespective of the size of your business, with it, you always get an option to stay ahead of your brand all the time.
You can change everything from fonts, colors, animations, effects, background, etc.
Magic Resize Tool
Do you wish to post your image to Twitter, Pinterest, or Facebook? If yes, the Magic Resize feature will help you out! Canva comes with this one-click tool which takes away the hassle of cropping or resizing your design.
By adding animation to the design, you give a whole new dimension to the design. So, whether you wish to lure your clients with a dynamic presentation or you want your design to stand out from the rest, the animation is the answer for you.
Team Templates & Folders
the entire hassle of teamwork is reduced to nothing. Canva comes with a shared home for your designs which helps you express your vision while keeping pace with the brand. So, maintain that consistency across all your brands and save some time with the team templates and the design folders that you get with this feature.
Transparent Images Tool
you can use your design anywhere by downloading and creating images with transparent backgrounds. From Snapchat filters to creating a logo or a button, everything is possible with this tool.
Every element of a it design has adjustable transparency.
The tool will help you create a uniform look across all your designs, irrespective of the background on which you place your image.
Canva Pros & Cons
Here are the advantages and disadvantages of using it:
- Canva comes with a rich collection of layouts that lets you create uniform graphics that can be used on your blogs, websites, and social media platforms.
- The resizing tool helps you instantly create a collection of related graphics with the same family or theme and helps you maintain a professional or consistent look throughout. You can design images sized for different social media channels such as Pinterest, Facebook Banners and posts, Twitter, Instagram.
- The tools offer a multitude of things in the free version.
- The tool has several free templates for you to choose from and customize as required.
- Changing and customizing the pre-set designs is easy. You can change the text size, colors, position, etc. With Canva, it is straightforward to duplicate a design yet make it look so different from the others created with the same template.
- This software plays an incredible role in helping the brand remain consistent across all the images and the marketing design.
- One can reuse the designs from the past projects by making simple changes, and it will then look different from the previous designs.
- With Canva, it is easy to keep the colors and the fonts consistent across all the designs.
- You get many free images, vectors, and graphics that you can use whenever you want to create any particular look or design.
- The Canva retains the standard of excellence in online graphics creation for beginners with very basic to intermediate skills.
- Using Canva, you can widen the left side margin of the app. This helps you get a larger view of the images and items you search for in the desktop version.
- Look for the “Find Templates” menu selection, and you have a wide variety of graphics templates organized into a wider variety of categories.
- On the lower left is the Apps icon, where you can see a massive selection of great tools that can be used for animation and gif creation, transparent backgrounds, image resizing, larger stock photo library, etc. However, for this, you’ll need a paid subscription.
- You can test paid version for 30 days for free.
The users can indeed get many things done and create a multitude of designs with the free account, but the paid account of Canva offers a multitude of options that might find a great use for professional designers.
You can find many design tools available online such as Photoshop, DesignBeast, PicMonkey, VistaCreate, Ribbet, etc. Despite all these, Canva enjoys a certain degree of superiority over others given its incredible features and the best still is Canva.