What is Grammarly ?
Grammarly detects grammar, spelling, punctuation, word choice, and style mistakes as you write on just about any site on the web, email, Word documents, social media, or on your own website.
The Key Features
- Write Confidently Everywhere
- -Helps you write mistake-free on Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and nearly anywhere else you write on the web.
- Get Your Fix
- -Scans your text for common and complex grammatical mistakes, spanning everything from subject-verb agreement to article use to modifier placement.
- Improve Your Skills
- -Grammarly isn’t just a safety net. You’ll get detailed explanations for all your mistakes and weekly progress reports to keep you on the ball.
- Do Great Things
- -No matter what drives you — acing that big paper, being an all-star at work, or simply improving your everyday writing — will be there to help you put your best foot forward.
- Smarter Grammar Checking
- -Corrects hundreds of grammar, punctuation, and spelling mistakes while also catching contextual errors, improving your vocabulary, and suggesting style improvements. Come for the best-in-class grammar checking, stay for the added polish that will keep your text clear, mistake-free, and effective.
- Built by Linguists and Language Lovers
- -Grammarly’s powerful online grammar-checking algorithms are developed by the world’s leading authorities on linguistic technology. You can trust that our grammar checker is being improved each day by a team that truly understands the building blocks of the English language.
What are the immediate benefits?
As soon as you start using Grammarly ,you’ll notice a difference in your writing. Here are the main benefits of the free checker:
- Can be used in “real-time”, highlighting mistakes as you write, or used at the end to run through the entire text to make sure no errors have been overlooked.
- Clear explanations on how sentences could be improved or restructured
- Checks spelling in American, British, Canadian, and Australian English.
- Easy to use on different devices and document types
How Much Is Grammarly?
The basic version of free to use. The premium version of costs $30 per month. You can $12 per month if you pay an annual fee of $144. The premium version includes more advanced tools like a good plagiarism checker. You can also avail of a Grammarly quarterly discount, annual and a lifetime discount.
- Grammarly Premium monthly subscription costs $30 per month.
- Grammarly Premium quarterly subscription costs $60
- Grammarly Premium annual subscription costs $144.
A single subscription covers all of tools and reports. You could always try the free version before upgrading. The free version includes a limited number of prompts. Premium version users get 500 prompts per month which is more than enough. In our tests, we used about 50-60 per week.
Pros and cons:
- Helps improve your writing skills
- Accurate grammar and readability suggestions
- Conforms to your writing style (academic, casual, creative, etc.)
- Adjustable formality levels: formal, neutral, and informal
- Can use it as a browser extension or import text into their browser-based service
- Integrates with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Google Docs
- Real-time grammar and spell check
- App available on iOS and Android
- Works great for all sorts of writers, not just authors
- Premium version has a plagiarism checker
- Easy to use and understand
- Website editor only allows documents up to 4 MB and 100,000 characters
- Google Docs integration is still in beta
- Free version only checks for errors in spelling and grammar, not style and context
- Grammarly’s website resizes awkwardly on split-screen view, no scrolling
- Its marketing can be very pushy for you to buy the premium version
- It comes nowhere close to replacing a human editor
How To Install Grammarly
First, you can create an account using your Google or Facebook account or your best email address. It’s OK to start with the free version. Now, you can use It in several different ways.
- You access the web app via app.grammarly.com. Then, paste a piece of writing directly into the web app. It’ll scan your writing and propose fixes. Alternatively, you can upload a rich text document into the web app and check it. You can download or copy and paste the results into your writing app.
- You can download a desktop app for Windows or Mac. These apps require internet access to use. The app works in the background and checks any piece of writing for issues and mistakes. The icon appears when you’re editing and writing. Click on it to scan a document in Microsoft Word for errors and other mistakes.
- Grammarly excels thanks to its popular Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Microsoft Edge browser plugins. After you install the plugin, please log in to your account. Now, It automatically scans pieces of writing in your web browser.
- You can use it like a pop-up to check emails in Gmail, your latest social media posts and more on the fly. Grammarly Chrome and other extensions help check emails, social media posts, and anywhere you write online. Learn more about how to add to email.
- Does Grammarly work? It finds and fixes more writing errors than a traditional proofreading and grammar checker. It provides insights into the reasons behind a mistake and suggests fixes. The free and premium versions are accurate, fast and easy to use. It’s a top tool for successful writers.
- Does Grammarly cost money? The basic version is free to use. You can use it to grammar-check your writing. The premium version has additional tools for writers. It costs approximately $30 monthly, but you can save money with a monthly subscription or discount.
- Does Grammarly work on Mac? It works on a Mac via the desktop editor app. You can also use the Grammarly Chrome extension for Safari and the keyboard for texts on iOS or Android.
- What is the Grammarly cancellation refund policy? If you try Premium and don’t like it, you can visit Grammarly.com, contact support and get your money back without issue within ten days.