AMAZON DATA ON DEMAND. Tools and services to grow your business on the world’s largest marketplace
What is MerchantWords?
MerchantWords publishes data based on searches from many of the major global marketplaces: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, France, Italy, Germany, and Spain.
We are working on supporting a number of other countries, such as the Australia, Japan, India and Mexico.
Features of MerchantWords:
MerchantWords US ($800/Year)
- Data over 170M Amazon keywords
- Includes estimated search volume
- CSV downloads
- Real searches : We collect the search terms that real online shoppers use everyday while they shop Amazon, Jet, and Walmart.com. If someone has searched for it, we’ve got it in our database.
- Search volume : We’ve accumulated well over 170 million keywords in our international database. We know what search terms are the most popular, least popular, and the synonyms that can help drive sales.
- Relevant and accurate data : Develop highly specific keyword phrases that help buyers find what you’re selling. Boost product visibility, uncover buyer demand, seasonality, and discover new opportunities.
- Fast, friendly support
- See what Amazon buyers are searching for .You’ll know see what’s in demand on Amazon.com, where people are buying, not just browsing.
- Amazon.com Search Volume:Our estimated search volumes will guide your research so you can focus on the most popular keywords.
- Dominate your niche with undiscovered keyword opportunities:With 20M keywords in our database you’ll be able to dominate any niche, no matter how specific.
- Find popular Kindle searches:Know what’s going to sell, before you start writing. And know what keywords to use to make sure buyers find you.
- Download keyword lists:Download the keyword data of any search as a CSV file.
Why Should You Give This A Try:
- MerchantWords publishes data based on searches from many of the major global marketplaces: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, France, Italy, Germany, and Spain.
- We are working on supporting a number of other countries, such as the Australia, Japan, India and Mexico.
- If you would like to see more countries supported,
- We visit pages on Amazon, Jet and Walmart.com in the same way Google does to build their index.
- Doing this gives us a measure of the popularity of different search terms from their point of view.
- We also use search volume trend information from the major search engines.
- We analyze these two sets of data using our custom algorithm to estimate the number of bimonthly searches performed for each search term. This estimate is then published to our site.
- Today, MerchantWords indexes search volume estimates for Amazon, Walmart and Jet.com only.
We are considering supporting eBay, Etsy and Newegg.
How much does MerchantWords cost?
- In order to accommodate sellers of all experience levels, we offer a variety of plans at different price points to make sure you get exactly what you need, and don’t pay for anything you don’t.
- If you’re just getting started on a single Amazon marketplace in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Spain, the United Kingdom, or the United States our SILVER Plan is ideal for you. You can choose either a monthly subscription for $35/month, or an annual subscription for $350/year – and get two months free!
- If your business extends across Amazon’s regional marketplaces (North America (US, CA, MX); UK/Europe (UK, DE, ES, FR, IT); or Asia/Australia (AU, JP, IN)) our GOLD Plan is ideal for you. You can choose either a monthly subscription for $79/month, or an annual subscription for $790/year – and get two months free!
- If you’re a large established brand or agency, our PLATINUM Plan is ideal for you. You can choose either a monthly subscription for $149/month, or an annual subscription for $1,490/year – and get two months free!
- And there’s no risk; you can cancel anytime. Sign up for your perfect plan on our Keyword Tools page.
I notice you have new pricing and features. What happens if I don’t change my current plan?
- If you’re already part of the MerchantWords family you can choose to keep your existing plan. You will have access to your current features and pay the same monthly fee. You can upgrade your subscription at any time to take advantage of all the amazing new features available.
How frequently is data updated?
- We collect Amazon keyword and SERP (search engine result page) metrics on a daily basis, and overhaul and update all the data in our database every 3-4 weeks. It has taken us years to understand that this is the right amount of time to take a snapshot of the month-to-month changes in search behavior.
How do you get this data?
- The Amazon keyword and SERP data on MerchantWords comes from Amazon’s 11 marketplaces in the US, CA, MX, UK, DE, ES, FR, IT, IN, JP, and AU. We visit Amazon the same way that shoppers do, and type in every single combination of keywords available. MerchantWords does not use data from Google, Bing, or any other search engine to calculate our search estimates, just computational math and statistics.
- Before we release any data live to our customers, our engineers, data scientists, and product managers review the results. We double, triple, and quadruple check our work before anyone gets to use it for their business.
- First, we compare our ranking system to the data we get directly from Amazon. Then we spot check our estimates with PPC advertising data. This is done to ensure we’re not under-representing any searches. Our reviewers and data scientists then further compare the raw output against Amazon’s recent and seasonal trends. This allows us to tune and update our algorithms on an ongoing basis to adapt to Amazon’s shifting trends and its evolving suggestion engine. Billions of data points are processed and ranked in every cycle to distill the latest and most relevant information possible – including the hidden relationships – to expose what is in demand on each Amazon marketplace.
Does this data represent searches in the US or worldwide?
- MerchantWords currently publishes Amazon data from searches within the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Germany, France, Spain, Mexico, Italy, Australia, India, and Japan.
- If you would like to see other countries as well, please contact us. We’d love to hear your suggestions!
How reliable and accurate is MerchantWords?
- We’ve been doing this since 2012 – longer than anyone else in the industry, and we’ve collected more keywords directly from the Amazon search bar than anyone else. That means we’ve had many years (and hundreds of billions of data points) to perfect our methods. And we continuously refine and improve our processes to produce the most accurate and knowledgeable results possible.
- If you spot anything that seems unusual, please contact us and let us know. We’ll look into the issue and make any necessary corrections.
How does MerchantWords work with and relate to Amazon Sponsored Ads / Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Campaigns?
- Most customers use MerchantWords’ keyword database to improve the profitability of Amazon Sponsored Ads / Pay-Per-Click (PPC) campaigns. You can discover completely new keywords, see what keywords competitors are ranking for, and find trending keywords across countries all around the world.
- We wish it were that simple to have highly profitable ads, but Amazon is trickier than that. While Amazon has never released how their PPC algorithm works exactly, it’s safe to assume there are many factors to be considered, such as longevity, inventory, sales velocity, customer reviews, etc. MerchantWords can help give you a boost above the competition for keywords, but it’ll be up to you to handle the rest of the algorithm and budgeting for maximizing your ad effectiveness.
Can I use MerchantWords with Retail Arbitrage (RA) or Online Arbitrage (OA)?
- Of course! Keywords bring traffic to listings, regardless of how that item is sold. Naturally, when you are the only seller of an item, improving the visibility of your listing through better keywords is going to bring you more sales directly.
- But even in the case where you share the buy box with other sellers, adding better keywords to your listing of the shared item is still beneficial. Because of your improvements, the item will match more search terms, and sales will start to increase. If you don’t currently own the buy box, there are no immediate sales for you. However, the increased sales velocity means that the current buy box owner is going to sell out of their inventory all that much faster, and it’ll be your turn to own the buy box all that much sooner.
Can you use MerchantWords on other online marketplaces?
- Yes! Today, MerchantWords indexes keywords and SERP metrics for Amazon. Many of our customers also use our shopper search data to optimize their listings on Walmart, eBay, and Etsy, and to enhance the SEO of their blog and website content.
- MerchantWords can collect data from almost any other marketplace including Walmart, eBay, Etsy, and more. If you are a brand or agency interested in a custom data report send us an email with the subject: Custom Data Request and we’ll contact you with more information.
Do you have a free trial?
- While we do not offer a free trial, if you sign up for an account and are not fully satisfied with our service, you can cancel within 14 days of signing up for a new account and receive a full refund of your purchase. Upgrades to existing accounts do not qualify for a refund.