What is Scribd ?
Scribd – Enjoy unlimited * books, audiobooks, magazines and more.
- – Stay abreast of what’s trendy
- – Learn, escape and entertain yourself
- – Immerse yourself in a wonderful story
- – Go directly to the source
- SATISFY YOUR CURIOSITY
- – Discover new passions on every page
- – STAY INFORMED
- – The information you want from sources you trust
- – READ ANYTIME, ANYWHERE
- – Scribd is available on all your favorite devices
- – BE A WINNER IN LIFE
- – Be the smartest person in the room
What Does It Do?
- Scribd lets their members read and listen to as many books as they’d like. You can access millions of books on your mobile devices – Android, iPhone, iPad, Kindle Fire, or others – and read them anywhere.
- You can use mobile application, browse their website, or read already downloaded books and magazines.
- One thing that makes Scribd really stand out from competitors is the fact that any member can actually upload their own short stories and books to the platform for others to read.
How does it work?
- It gives you access to their library through any of the devices listed above. All you have to do is sign up for a free trial or buy a monthly membership, log in, and search for a book or magazine you are interested in. Once you find what you were looking for, click on the “Save” button to add the title to your personal library. If you prefer to read the book offline, just click on the “Download” button. You can save content on up to four mobile devices at a time.
- Price: all-you-can-read (and listen) books for just $8.99 a month.
- Free 2-month trial.
- Huge ebooks and audiobooks library. Plus, lots of magazines and sheet music.
- Easy to navigate app and website.
- Works on iOs, Android, Kindle Fire, etc.
- Great support team.
- Student discounts.
- Members get free access to Blinkist, MUBI and other great services.
- Possible to upload your own files (short stories, books, etc.).
- Download books and listen/read them offline.
- Use on up to four mobile devices.
- Doesn’t support Kindle Paperwhite.
- Doesn’t allow to hide some categories from search results.
- Not possible to get a free trial without providing credit card information.
Scribd Vs Kindle Unlimited
- Kindle Unlimited is another digital subscription service that I really like. It cost a little more – $9.99 per month, and has over a million titles. They have lots of popular ebooks available but their audiobooks collection doesn’t compare with the one offered. Just like Audible and Scribd, Kindle Unlimited has a 30-day free trial.