What is Blocksy ?
Blocksy: The Most Innovative, Lightning Fast And Super Charged Free WordPress Theme. Build your next web project visually in minutes, without coding skills.
- Lightning Fast
- Feels fast and numbers confirm that, it is ranked at the top in most speed testing tools.
- Gutenberg Ready
- Built from scratch to be 100% compatible with the Gutenberg editor and blocks.
- Code Splitting
- Load jаvascript behavior when you really need it using webpack’s support for dynamic imports.
- eCommerce Ready
- Easily build and customize your online store in minutes and start selling like a pro.
- Translation Ready
- Blocksy is ready to be translated into any language and doesn’t contain hardcoded strings.
- Clean Code
- Every single line of code is thoughtfully written and is open for changes and new features.
- Live Preview
- Customizer changes are synced in real time in the preview window without slowing your work flow.
- Fully Responsive
- Surprise your mobile users by giving them a unique experience while they navigate.
Best Features of the Free Blocksy Theme
- Custom WordPress Customizer
- Header and Footer Builder
- Sticky and Transparent Header
- Global Color Palette
- Social Sharing Box (without a plugin)
- Related and Trending Posts built-in
- Cookies Consent Notice (GDPR)
- Sticky Sidebar
- Live Search
The free Blocksy theme offers many more features than other free WordPress themes. In fact, it offers more free features than most paid WordPress themes do. There are so many good free features, but I’m going to highlight my favorite ones.
Coming Soon Features
Even though the Blocksy theme already has proven that it’s one of the most featured-packed WordPress themes on the market, they aren’t stopping there.
The Blocksy team has plans to add even more epic features to the account PRO extensions including:
- Advanced Blogging Extension – This will take your blogging experience and turn it up yet another notch. It will include several things such as a reading progress bar and reading time estimates. Additionally, there will be new share button types along with more designs for single posts and comments. I’m very excited for this extension to be released!
- Portfolio Extension – This will provide an attractive way to showcase your work, no many what field you’re in. You will be able to categorize projects into individual categories and create beautiful pages to showcase them.
- Central Color Palette – This will allow you to integrate the Blocksy global color palette into the most popular design tools from the WordPress ecosystem. I mentioned this in the Global Color Palette section of this article, but this will make the Blocksy global color palette so much more useful!
- Premium Starter Sites – These are pretty self-explanatory. The Blocksy team will be providing some premium starter sites that are built with all the tools provided in account free and PRO.
- Fast performance – It’s lightweight design and smart asset loading help you build a fast-loading site.
- Beautiful demo sites – all of Blocksy’s demo sites look amazing, with clean, modern designs.
- Mega menu support – Blocksy Pro offers built-in mega menu support, which is something some similar themes lack.
- Cheap for single-site usage – at $49 for an annual license for a single site, It is a bit cheaper than other comparable themes if you only need it for a single site.
- Custom layouts (including popups) – It has a strong custom layouts feature for advanced users. The popup option is also unique and something you won’t find in most similar themes.
- Excellent WooCommerce features – if you’re building an eCommerce store, account Pro includes tons of advanced WooCommerce features such as product wishlists, floating cart, quick view, off-canvas filters, and more.
- Unique extensions – It’s extensions are pretty unique for the space and offer really handy features such as cookie consent notices and product review boxes.
- Conditional headers, footers, and sidebars – you can use these to create a better, more personalized experience for your users.
- Limited number of importable demo sites – compared to other themes in this space, It has a limited number of demo sites that you can import. It only has ~25, while a theme like Astra has 200+ and other similar themes usually have at least 60+.
- More expensive for unlimited site usage – while Blocksy is cheap for use on a single site, its unlimited license is a bit more expensive than comparable themes. Blocksy costs $99 for an unlimited annual license, while Astra and GeneratePress only cost $59.
- No advanced LMS integrations – if you’re building an online course, It doesn’t offer advanced LMS plugin integrations like themes such as Astra or Kadence Theme.