What is Dragon Metrics ?
Dragon Metrics is an SEO software platform to help you rank higher in organic search. The platform’s in-depth collection of SEO tools includes everything you need to drive more organic traffic to your site — track rankings, research competitors and keywords, automate reporting, and much more.
- 1,000 Keywords
- 200,000 URLs Crawled
- 5 Campaigns
- 3 Users
Dragon Metrics Features
Dragon Metrics can do a lot of things on top of showing you information regarding your rankings. At the same time, the tool’s UI is well organized, so you won’t feel overwhelmed.
In other words, the tool is good for affiliates and business owners who want to use it for simple rank tracking, as well as for advanced SEOs who want to perform a deep analysis of various websites.
Here are the main features of Dragon Metrics:
- Search engine, location, and device support
- Check frequency
- On-site optimization
- Link management
- Competitor analysis
- Content planning
- Analytics integration
Search Engine, Location, and Device Support
We’ve already hinted at the fact that search engine support is one of Dragon Metrics’ strong suits. The tool enables you to track your rankings across 11 search engines, in over 200 countries and languages!
The supported search engines include:
- Google — desktop and mobile
- Baidu — desktop and mobile
For a full list of supported languages, check out Dragon Metrics’ FAQ page.
- The interesting thing regarding device support is that you can only check mobile rankings for Google and Baidu. For all other search engines, you can only see the rankings for queries made from desktops.
- When it comes to localization, you can leverage the tool’s local search to see the results for a specific geographic region. Here, you can select a country or type in a city or postal code.
- The tool gives you an overview of all added keywords, while also allowing you to monitor the performance of individual keywords. The data is presented through easy-to-understand charts and graphs, so you’ll be able to gauge the effectiveness of your SEO campaign with a quick glance.
- Dragon Metrics also provides insights for over 25 different result types — featured snippets, news, images, videos, knowledge panels, etc. — providing you with comprehensive information regarding your site’s SEO performance.
- The tool’s biggest drawback is the lack of flexibility regarding the check frequency. By default, the rankings are updated weekly.
- Daily ranking updates are considered the golden standard when it comes to rank trackers, so this seems like an oversight on Dragon Metrics’ part.
- The tool’s FAQ page reveals the reasoning behind this decision. As it turns out, you can get daily ranking updates, but you’d have to contact their support first.
- Regardless of whether there’s an additional account upgrade required or not, this is less than ideal. We see no reason why they wouldn’t simply implement the ability to choose between daily and weekly updates within the software itself.
- Most people will prefer to receive daily ranking updates, so making them contact support to request this capability is an inconvenience, in our opinion.
The Dragon Metrics’ “Onsite” feature includes a Site Auditor and a Site Explorer.
The Auditor can crawl up to one million pages, depending on your subscription plan. It shows you all the issues on your website that impact your rankings, sorted by priority — from highest to lowest.
- The list also shows you what type the issue falls under, as well as how many pages of your website suffer from the same issue.
- You can click any of the issues in the first column, and the tool will show you a list of all pages plagued by it, alongside a detailed description of the issue itself. Dragon Metrics even provides you with a step-by-step guide for solving every single SEO issue you might run into, which makes it a great option for people who are just dipping their toes in SEO waters.
- When you scroll past the list, you’ll see charts representing different errors and issues, giving you a quick overview of your site’s performance. The charts are also a great way to keep track of your progress, once you make the necessary changes.
- The “Links” feature of Dragon Metrics is an excellent way to assess the strength of your backlink profile and see who’s linking to your website, what pages are people most often linking to, and how different pages of your website contribute to your domain authority.
- The feature also includes link health monitoring and alerts. Through frequent checks, Dragon Metrics helps you make sure that the page is still up and that the link exists and works properly. Whenever there’s a change in the link’s status, the tool will notify you immediately, so you can fix any broken links in an instant.
- While the overview provides a comprehensive look at your backlink profile, you can check individual aspects from the feature’s drop-down menu.
- What’s worth highlighting here is the fact that Dragon Metrics allows you to compare your backlink profile to those of your competitors.
The list shows the data regarding:
- Domain authority
- Page authority
- Spam score
- Linking domains
- Linking pages
- Dofollow links
- Nofollow links
The “Link Gap Analysis” is also worth mentioning, as it’s not something you’ll find in most other rank trackers. This feature allows you to see domains and pages that are linking to your competitors but aren’t linking to your website.
You can “spy” on your competitors to see what type of content is generating the most backlinks, as well as discover new backlink opportunities for your own site.
- When creating your account, Dragon Metrics prompts you to add several competitors. Under the “Rankings” tab, you can check their positions and your site’s individual keyword rankings to up to nine competitors.
- Dragon Metrics will also automatically perform “Competitor Discovery” and email you a detailed report showing you the top 50 highest-ranking competitors for each keyword group and search engine. This provides you with valuable insights into the competitive environment and lets you see your site’s share of voice for the keywords you’re tracking.
- The “Content” feature of Dragon Metrics is extremely useful for both monitoring the search volumes for keywords you’re tracking, as well as discovering new topics and search queries you can create content around.
- The “People Also Ask” section lets you see what questions your target audience needs answers for that are relevant to the keywords you’re ranking for.
- You’ll also see the sites that provide the best answers to these questions, as well as the answers themselves. This can help you optimize your existing content or, if you feel the question needs to be answered in detail, create new posts around the topic.
- You can also check the box next to the questions to add them to the list of keywords you’re currently tracking.
- On top of this, Dragon Metrics also has a “Related Searches” option that shows you queries related to the keywords you’re tracking, and their monthly search volumes. While not a strong, professional keyword research process, it can help you identify new opportunities regarding content creation.
- Dragon Metrics’ “Report Builder” lets you create fully customizable PDF or Excel reports and send them to clients and team members via email. The reports the tool generates are fully white-labeled, so you can add your company’s logo and colors to them before you send them to your clients.
- There are quite a few options to choose from when creating a Dragon Metrics report — from the update frequency and keyword groups you want the data for to the number of columns, sorting options, and ranking URLs to include.
- Dragon Metrics lets you integrate your Google Analytics account with the tool, so you can have an overview of your website’s traffic and conversions from other sources alongside organic search.
- After you connect your Analytics account, you’ll be able to quickly navigate between organic, paid, social, and referral traffic. This feature is incredibly powerful for e-commerce sites, as it can also show sales and product performance.