What is Coursera ?
Coursera Plus is a subscription plan that gives you unlimited access to over 90% of the learning programs in the Coursera catalog.
While subscribed to Coursera Plus, you can take as many courses as you’d like without paying an additional fee as long as the course is included in Coursera Plus. There is no limit to courses you can enroll in or Course Certificates you can earn.
- Access 7,000+ courses and Specializations from 170+ leading companies and universities
- Earn unlimited certificates
- Learn job-relevant skills and tools with 1,000+ applied projects and hands-on labs from industry experts
- Choose from more than 15 Professional Certificate programs from industry leaders like Google, Facebook, and more
- Save when you pay up front for the year
- Enjoy maximum flexibility to achieve work/life balance and learn at your own pace
What sort of courses does Coursera offer?
Coursera is not just for people wanting to gain a degree in a traditional subject. The platform has plenty of choices when it comes to courses and all of them are from accredited institutions.
- Average time: 1-2 hours
- Price: from $9,99 a month
- Good for: learning job skills fast
- Guided Projects are aimed at people who need to learn and master job-relevant skills in a matter of hours. It’s a hands-on learning experience where you use a tool called Rhyme to work on a project in a virtual workspace.
- Average time: 4-12 hours
- Price: free
- Good for: learning certain skills and gaining new knowledge
- There are around 1,700 free courses in the Coursera catalog right now. With free courses, you get access to all materials, but if you want to earn a Certificate or have access to graded assignments, then you will have to pay extra. Some courses are rather short, while others can take weeks and even months to complete.
Average time: 1-3 months
- Price: from $39 a month
- Good for: mastering a specific skill
- Specializations are a series of related courses created for people who are already working within a certain industry and need additional knowledge to help them with their careers. Some Specializations include three courses and take a few months to finish, while others include more than ten courses and take up to a year to complete.
- Professional Certificates
Average time: 1-6 months
- Price: from $39 a month
- Good for: learning new skills for an in-demand career
- Professional Certificates are a selection of courses that have been selected to help people get further in their business. If you need to develop a certain skill in order to get a promotion, or you want to plan ahead for your career then the Professional Certificates is a great way to do that.
- Average time: 4-7 months
- Price: from $2,000
- Good for: earning credit towards a degree and a university-issued Certificate
- MasterTrack Certificates are aimed at helping learners earn degree credits through a flexible and interactive format. MasterTrack Certificates are made of portions of Master’s degree programs from top universities. They feature team-based learning, live expert instruction and feedback, and collaboration with peers. If you enroll in MasterTrack Certificates you will also be able to create work samples and demonstrate your skills through real-world assignments and projects.
- Average time: 2-4 years
- Price: from $9,000
- Good for: earning Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Coursera offers Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees from some of the world’s most prestigious universities. All programs are 100% online so you can earn a degree anytime and anywhere in the world. Coursera offers Bachelor’s degrees in Computer Science, Marketing, Business Administration, and Applied Arts and Sciences; and Master’s degrees in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Data Science, MBA, Entrepreneurship, Public Health, Public Policy, International Relations, Accounting, Finance, and more. If you complete a MasterTrack Certificate, it can be counted towards degree learning.
Advantages of Coursera Course
There are many people who wonder: are Coursera courses really useful for learning? This problem will be answered by the following outstanding features of the platform.
Easy to use
- This is the first advantage of the Coursera course that makes users extremely interested and satisfied. The application is designed with an eye-catching and smooth interface. The platform layout is scientifically organized and the course catalog is easy to find. Users who want to study any course can quickly find it.
- Besides, users do not take much time to get used to Coursera. In a few minutes, you’ve mastered the tools available on the platform.
- To deliver the highest quality courses, Coursera partners with more than 200 universities. And many of the world’s top renowned educators. Therefore, the quality of content is an issue that you can be completely assured when using Coursera .
Offers certificates from many famous universities
- Upon successful completion of Coursera courses, you will be awarded a certificate. These are all qualified certificates offered by Coursera partner universities. These certifications will be a stepping stone to help you find a job and build a career in the future.
Can be used even without internet
- Users can save their Coursera course content offline. By downloading the course to an electronic device, whether it’s a document or a video. Then open to study at any time, no internet required. It’s convenient, right!
- In addition to the convenient offline learning feature, Coursera offers a variety of usage plans. Includes free courses, majors and degrees, paid courses and certifications.
- Depending on the needs, each user has different options. However, with the paid courses will offer more advanced study programs. At the same time, it also supports more useful functions for learning than the free course.
Coursera Pros And Cons
- A wide range of subjects is available including computer science, business, and design
- More than 7,000 courses in the library
- A variety of qualification levels from beginners’ short courses to full-length Master’s degrees
- Courses available from top-rated institutions
- 7-day free trial on Coursera Plus subscription
- Courses in many different languages
- Different pricing models for different needs
- Around 1,700 free courses
- Low prices on Coursera Plus subscription
- You can earn certificates when you complete a course
- Flexible schedule – learn whenever you like
- Possible to apply for Financial Aid or a Scholarship
- Hands-on learning approach
- Can download courses for offline learning
- High-quality courses taught by experts in their fields
- Not as many lifestyle courses as other online learning platforms offer
- Few courses are outdated
- Higher-level courses can be expensive, although still cheaper than on-campus