What is Smilebox ?
Smilebox is a desktop program that lets you create scrapbooks, collages, interactive invitations, and more.
- Share on Facebook & Twitter
- Unlimited creations
- Share by email
- Add your own music
- Remove watermark
- Unlimited downloads
- Remove Smilebox logo from ending
- Add your logo and website
- Embed code for your site or blog
- As a scrapbooking program, Smilebox is easy to use and produces good-looking results. Creating a scrapbook is a three-step process. First, you can choose a design from the extensive gallery: Smile-box has over a thousand templates for all occasions. Though not all of these will be available to you if you’re on a Free plan.
- Next, you need to import your photos and videos. Unfortunately, Smile-box doesn’t have automatic integrations with external photo services or apps like iPhoto and Flickr, so you’ll have to download the photos to your hard drive if you want to use them in your scrapbook. Once they’re in Smile-box, though, getting them into your scrapbook is as easy as dragging and dropping them onto the virtual page. Smile-box lets you resize and edit photos as needed, so you can tweak your files to fit the design you’ve selected. Take note, though, that these image editing features aren’t available on the Mac version, so you’ll need to edit your photos before importing them into Smile-box.
Subscription and sharing
- Depending on your subscription, you can also incorporate some neat extras here, like music. You can also type in a text, which is great if you want to elaborate on the memories you’ve included.
- Finally, you can share your creations easily through email or on the Web. If you’ve signed up for a paid subscription, you’ll also have the option of saving your work as a JPG or video file, burning it to DVD, or even order prints from Smilebox if you’re a US resident. For paid subscribers, Smilebox also stores and backs up all of your creations; these are all accessible from your account page, and re-sharing them takes only a few clicks.
- Smilebox has tons of templates, layouts, and designs for you to choose from. Whether you’re commemorating an anniversary, celebrating a birthday, or making a scrapbook just because, you’ll have tons of options to jazz up your project.
- Aside from the scrapbooking module itself, Smile-box also comes with other functionalities perfect for all sorts of events and occasions. You can make photo books, craft greeting cards, create collages and slideshows, and even send out customized electronic invitations. Smile-box even has an RSVP feature for invitations, so you can keep track of attendee confirmations for your event.
- If you’re weary of having to learn new controls or tools, don’t worry; these other project types use the same processes as the scrapbooking module, so you can switch from one to the other without a hitch.
Smilebox Pros and Cons
- Free Trial: Smile-box lets you use the program’s free features as long as you like, and you get a 7-day trial if you check out the paid subscriptions.
- Ease of Use: Smile-box uses a WYSIWYG, drag-and-drop creation system, so you can jump right into the process without going through tons of tutorials.
- Affordable Price: Smile-box is available for free, and even the paid subscriptions come at reasonable rates of $3.99 or $7.99 a month.
- Limited Free Plan: Sticking to the Free plan gives you a very narrow set of features to use.
- Limited Customer Support: Smile-box can only be reached through email and limits responses to weekday business hours.