|Type||Proofreading and grammar checker Tools|
What is Grammarly ?
Grammarly is your secret weapon. (Shhh… we won’t tell anyone.)
Eliminate errors, create clarity, and save time. Set your team up for successful communication. Get Grammarly Business. Improve word choice. Fix punctuation errors. Easily improve any text. Write better sentences. Eliminate grammar errors.
Grammarly’s Key Features
- Write Confidently Everywhere
- -Helps you write mistake-free on Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and nearly anywhere else you write on the web.
- Get Your Fix
- -Scans your text for common and complex grammatical mistakes, spanning everything from subject-verb agreement to article use to modifier placement.
- Improve Your Skills
- -Grammarly isn’t just a safety net. You’ll get detailed explanations for all your mistakes and weekly progress reports to keep you on the ball.
- Do Great Things
- -No matter what drives you — acing that big paper, being an all-star at work, or simply improving your everyday writing — will be there to help you put your best foot forward.
- Smarter Grammar Checking
- -Corrects hundreds of grammar, punctuation, and spelling mistakes while also catching contextual errors, improving your vocabulary, and suggesting style improvements. Come for the best-in-class grammar checking, stay for the added polish that will keep your text clear, mistake-free, and effective.
- Built by Linguists and Language Lovers
- -Grammarly’s powerful online grammar-checking algorithms are developed by the world’s leading authorities on linguistic technology. You can trust that our grammar checker is being improved each day by a team that truly understands the building blocks of the English language.
What are the immediate benefits of using Grammarly?
As soon as you start using Grammarly ,you’ll notice a difference in your writing. Here are the main benefits of the free checker:
- Can be used in “real-time”, highlighting mistakes as you write, or used at the end to run through the entire text to make sure no errors have been overlooked.
- Clear explanations on how sentences could be improved or restructured
- Checks spelling in American, British, Canadian, and Australian English.
- Easy to use on different devices and document types
These are the benefits of using the free Grammarly option.
What about the premium version? Is Grammarly Premium worth getting?
- Helps improve your writing skills
- Accurate grammar and readability suggestions
- Conforms to your writing style (academic, casual, creative, etc.)
- Adjustable formality levels: formal, neutral, and informal
- Can use it as a browser extension or import text into their browser-based service
- Integrates with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Google Docs
- Real-time grammar and spell check
- App available on iOS and Android
- Works great for all sorts of writers, not just authors
- Premium version has a plagiarism checker
- Easy to use and understand
- Website editor only allows documents up to 4 MB and 100,000 characters
- Google Docs integration is still in beta
- Free version only checks for errors in spelling and grammar, not style and context
- Grammarly’s website resizes awkwardly on split-screen view, no scrolling
- Its marketing can be very pushy for you to buy the premium version
- It comes nowhere close to replacing a human editor